Who needs chocolate when you can have yarn? The 2019 Advent Calendar Yarn Kit is now available for pre-order.
The 2019 Advent Calendar Yarn Kit includes the following:
- 25 x Tough Stocking Mini skeins (75% superwash merino/25% nylon) individually wrapped and numbered, to remain a surprise until opened in order. Each 20g Mini skein is 84m/92yd; 500g/2100m/2300yd in total. Enough yarn to complete one (or more) pattern/s listed below. Colours may be re-arranged or used for any project that requires mini-skeins, and are a mixture of tonal/semi-solids, variegates and speckles. Please note that the inspiration photos may not be indicative of the actual colours included in the yarn kit.
- One 5ml Single Use sample of Soak wash to block your finished project (random scent selected).
- An unbleached cotton project bag with full colour Dyed By Hand Yarns logo. This has long handles to comfortably carry the bag on your shoulder, and is big enough to carry a large knitting project, shopping, beach gear… let your creativity run wild!
- Each day will have an added surprise to make your parcel extra nice!
- Total value of the Yarn Kit is $275.
The colour inspiration for the 2019 Advent Calendar is based on the poem “My Country” by Australian poetess Dorothea Mackellar OBE, in particular the famous second verse “I love a sunburnt country”. You can hear Dorothea Mackellar reciting her poem here.
This yarn kit is designed to work with any one of Ambah O’Brien’s ADVENT patterns: ADVENTurous Wrap (2017); ADVENTurer Scarf & Wrap (2018); ADVENTurer Cowl (2018); ADVENTuring Scarf & Wrap (TBA 2019); ADVENTuring Cowl (TBA 2019); and ADVENTuresome Wrap (TBA 2019). For more information about the patterns and Ambah’s KAL in December please see her discussion thread on Ravelry. However you can use the yarn kit for anything else your heart desires (Ambah’s patterns sold separately on Ravelry).
Please Note: This listing is for pre-order only, consisting of yarn, 5ml Soak sample, project bag and surprises as listed above. The yarn kit will be shipping in mid to late November in order to arrive by 1st December. Shipping charges will be added at the Checkout.
While we try to photograph colours accurately, colours may differ in real life due to variations from monitor to monitor.